Factory Sealed - Shrink Wrapped
Edgar Allan Poe: Poetry and Tales - Artist Edition
The Artist edition is limited to 750 copies, and is the only edition to include a dust jacket illustrated by Frans Smit. It is a smyth-sewn, full cloth binding with gold blocking on the cover. Endsheets are illustrated featuring art by Gustave Doré. The edition is housed in a cloth covered slipcase and is printed offset on archival Cougar Natural Smooth, a style of paper typical of the time period. The text paper is 60 lb. resulting in a reasonable bulk for the high page count. This edition is signed by Kelley Hensing and Frans Smit.
6” x 9¼” trim size.
- 1294 Pages.
- Limited to 750 copies.
- Signed by Kelley Hensing and Frans Smith.
- Full cloth symth-sewn binding.
- Gold blocking on the cover.
- New exclusive introduction by Michael J. Deas.
- Ten black and white illustrations by Kelley Hensing.
- Reproduction of the Edgar Allan Poe oil painting by Michael J. Deas for the 2008 commemorative postage stamp.
- Over 80 pages of bonus content, including reproductions of 28 engravings by Gustave Doré for “The Raven” originally published in 1883.
- Dust jacket illustrated by Frans Smit (the only edition featuring this illustrated dust jacket).
- Set in Miller and Scotch types.
- Printed offset on archival Cougar Natural Smooth paper.
- Illustrated endsheets featuring artwork by Gustave Doré.
- Housed in a cloth covered slipcase.